Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Journeys of life

I am lucky enough to have travelled quite a bit,and it's interesting to travel and see new places,but what makes it more interesting is the journeys as much as the destination,these journeys can change your life,you meet all kinds of people and even animals...
The first person I remember when I think of the people I met is swanag uncle,he is around my fathers age and he told me that he has a daughter my age,he worked for many years as an executive and he had recently launched his own company with his wife,we spoke a lot and exchanged our emails when we were parting,and he told me that he liked interacting with youngsters and he had recently started sending out 'thought for the day" messages to everyone ,and he has been sending them to me for many years now,i never met him again but I am glad I met him cos he brightens up my day with the simple and thought provoking messages..
Then there are the people whom you would like to stay in touch but never do,majority of the people you meet come under this category,there was my namesake who spoke a lot and engaged us(my mom n me) for the entire journey,we promised to keep in touch and but never did,
And then ob another journey,i met a bunch of people around my own age,software engineers who kept me entertained,I exchanged phones numbers with one of them and we did stay in contact for a while but we lost touch,
There was another time when my whole class was going on a trip to goa,this time, we(all medicos)were an entertaining bunch to our co-passengers who were from an arts college,I guess we were an interesting subject cos one of them even made a lot of sketches of us!!
Sometimes u end up with obnoxious or downright weird people traveling with you,I still remember a young man who was acting weird,and made everyone around him uncomfortable,but he seemed decent well educated and spoke in English,so i was curious as to why he was behaving weirdly,After a while he brokedown and told me(for some reason he called me sister and decided to tell me his problems) that he was from a different city and he was married and he had a kid too..
Here goes his story..he was a student when he met his wife ,a very beautiful girl but whose father was a very influential person,and did not approve of him,but still they decided to go against their parents wishes and got married,and she soon became pregnant and then the problems started,they started fighting more and more and she became more and more unhappy,till one day he got so angry that he told her to go back to her parents if she dint want to stay,she walked out on him then and applied for a divorce,he was so disillusioned after that,that he got a job in a different city so that he could forget her,but he couldn't and he didn't,and he kept destroying himself till,the case went to court and he realized that he cant let her go,so he decided to fight for his family and now he was on the way back so that he could win back the love of his wife and child,he was a wreak cos he dint know how it would go,despite myself I pitied him,and so I listened patiently to his story and wished him luck,I hope he got a second chance cos even the worst of us deserve a second chance..
On another of my journeys,I met red(I don't remember his real name). I was traveling from US to India via Dubai,it was long flight and I was tired ,besides I was hoping I'll get some sleep on the next flight so that I can set my sleep cycle,but Alas!! I ended up sitting beside Red who was going home after many years ,and he kept spoke a lot,he again had a story ,and the girl he was involved with was also my namesake,so I couldn't help but listen to his story,and before long,we reached India...
And then there's kielo(or keelo),the 3yr old bull dog who was my co-passenger on one of my flights.Kielo was one of the most well behaved and well trained dogs I've ever met, ,like most dogs, he sniffed my bag and me before settling near my feet,he was followed by his trainer,a nice lady who introduced me to kielo,and told me that hes a guide dog,and as the plane started taxiing on the runway,kielo sat up on his seat and looked out of the window cos it seems he liked to look out of the window,and throughout the journey,I dint hear him make any noise except when he was eating sausages!! But as we reached the destination,kielo again sat up on his seat and I could sense that he was scared of the noise and the disturbance of take off as well as landing,so I held his paw till the flight landed!!
These are jus a few of the people I met during my various travels,and theres a lot more to come in my life,cos Life is A Journey,and our paths keep crossing all the time,and I shall end by quoting one the thought for the day messages which swanag has sent me..
"it is not what happens to you that matters but it is wat happens 'in' you that matters"

No comments: